Thursday, September 3, 2009

CARTOONS of the WEEK: A giant hamburger and help for an over-stressed animal shelter

The News-Herald - September 2
The "Man v. Food" TV show taping at Mallie's, featuring a 185.6 lb hamburger, gave me the perfect chance to cast Wimpy, of Popeye (and Thimble Theater) fame, in a local editorial cartoon; and the opportunity to pay tribute to one of my favorite Golden Age cartoonists - Popeye's creator, E.C. Seger.
That's the point!

The Press & Guide - September 2
After the story of the chihauhau dogs found in a Dearborn home just a month ago, more than two dozen cats were found in an abandoned Dearborn home this past week. The result is a seriously over-crowded and stressed Dearborn Animal Shelter. I took the opportunity to support the shelter and solicit help with this week's cartoon - and I took the opportunity to pay tribute to some more of my favorite cartoonists!
That's the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment