Friday, August 4, 2023

The Michigan 2024 Senatorial Primary-Go-Round

Crain's Detroit Business - July 17, 2023

The field of Democratic candidates vying to fill Michigan's U.S. Senate seat that will be open in 2024 with the retirement of Sen. Debbie Stabenow seems to grow weekly. The race is shaping up to be anything but boring, with candidates from a variety of backgrounds and professions. Don't stand up until the primary-go-round has come to a complete stop, or at least until it's time to vote a year from now!

Personal note: After 28 years, the cartoon above was my last for Crain's Detroit Business. It was a wonderful gig that spanned three decades of my life (just a few months shy of four!) and it was fulfilling, rewarding and exciting. I want to thank all the Crain's editors who had the patience to work with me, but especially my longest and closest collaborator, Michael Lee. I often joked with him that he should co-sign some of my cartoons because his contributions were frequently so significant. In the past few years, we even started thinking alike; and for that, Michael, I apologize - I hope you recover!

Over the next weeks, heck maybe months, I'm going to post some of my favorites. I hope they'll stir some memories of issues and people from the past. If you're so inclined, please feel free to comment too; either here on this blog, or send me an email: dan@dansaadcartoons.com

Thanks for taking a look at what I've had to say throughout the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment