Thursday, March 3, 2011

CARTOONS of the DAY: The Best and the Worst

The News-Herald - March 2
The Press & Guide - March 2
Two communities, two opportunities to comment on the worst and the best cases in each. Downriver, in Allen Park, city officials addressed budget problems with layoffs. Unlike other communities, however, Allen Park started with its Fire Department! I offered a look at what might be the next steps. In Dearborn, on the other hand, I was able to celebrate the fact that the Dearborn Chamber of Commerce Foundation is "cooking up" a way for creative entrepreneurs to find commercial success.
That's the Point!


Off the Drawing Board: Earlier this week, my Crain's Detroit Business editorial cartoon took issue with Governor Snyder's proposal to eliminate Michigan's Film Tax Credit. Here's an alternative rough I offered to my editors at CDB. Maybe I was trying to be just a little too "punny" - playing off "gaffe" and "gaffeR" (a gaffer is a lighting technician on a movie set). Nonetheless, I got to highlight the Governor's gaffe in the version that was selected!

No comments:

Post a Comment