Friday, June 4, 2010

CARTOONS of the WEEK: 'Tis the Season - For Frustrating Traffic and Scary Weathercasts

The News-Herald - June 2
The Press & Guide - June 2
I was talking with Press & Guide Editor Tim Powers about a seasonal cartoon and learned that he and I share a frustration - the emergence of "scare weather reports." It doesn't matter the season. In the winter, every snowfall is a potential "blizzard of the century" and in the spring and summer, every cloud bank may conceal a tornado.

Personally, I'm going to just going to appreciate the spring weather we're currently enjoying - and ignore its threat to my life!

With News-Herald Editor, Karl Ziomek, I discussed our other favorite spring/summer frustration ... road construction. I know, I know - we've done this topic before; but - unfortunately - it never gets old (thanks to the ever-present orange barrels on our roadways). Now that I think about it, our traffic reports are as scary as our weather reports!
That's the Point!

No comments:

Post a Comment