Friday, February 19, 2010

CARTOONS of the WEEK: Waiting is the hardest part - for redevelopment and spring!

The Press & Guide - February 17 The West Downtown Dearborn redevelopment project has been the topic of editorial cartoon collaborations between Press & Guide Editor Tim Powers and me for longer than I can remember. When the issue made news again this week, still with no resolution, I tossed out the comment above in frustration - and it became the commentary for this week!

The News-Herald - February 17 As kids, when the snow got too scarce for sledding, we'd start daydreaming about the sandlot - the green grass of the outfield, the dusty infield - and those daydreams carried us through the next few weeks until spring. For more than 45 years after that, my spirit lifts every February when I hear "... pitchers and catchers report," because I know spring training has begun, and spring itself, here in Detroit, can't be far behind. News-Herald Editor Karl Ziomek and I share many of those same boyhood memories and he agreed to let me share the eternal hope and optimism that is spring training with our readers this week!
That's the Point!

No comments:

Post a Comment