Monday, November 25, 2013

CARTOON(S) of the DAY: Detroit Lions Fans are 'SOL' on the Monday After

The News-Herald - November 24
Well, Detroit Lions fans are "SOL" today. The "Same Old Lions" showed up at Ford Field on Sunday, November 24 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, despite a completely new roster full of - on paper, anyway - Pro Bowl-caliber players. I inked this cautiously optimistic editorial cartoon for the Sunday News-Herald, but like on so many other Sundays over the decades, I had a helping of disappointment with Sunday dinner.

While mulling my disappointment (and joining friends ranting on Facebook!), I had the feeling I'd been through all this before - really, I mean cartoon topic and everything. I found this in my archive, from The News-Herald in December 2005. I have - WE have - been through all this before!
That's the Point!
The News-Herald - December 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment