Monday, May 31, 2010

CARTOONS of the WEEK: Our Freedom Isn't Free

The News-Herald - May 30
The Press & Guide - May 26
In both The Press & Guide, and The News-Herald, I wanted to remind everyone that many of our fellow Americans paid the ultimate price for the freedom that we enjoy.

I've written in my "Downriver Diary" about my Uncle Vittie's service in North Africa and Europe during WW II, and in previous Memorial Day cartoons, I've paid tribute to my peers who served in Vietnam, and to the current generation serving in the Middle East.

From Bunker Hill to Baghdad, our freedom isn't - and never has been - free. Thankfully, no one in my family, throughout our generations, has paid the ultimate price for their service. Many have, however, and it's all of them - and their sacrifice - that we honor today.
That's the Point!

No comments:

Post a Comment