Sunday, May 23, 2010

CARTOON of the WEEK: 'Carrying' On

The News-Herald - May 23
Taylor, like a number of Michigan communities, is facing the issue of local ordinances regulating firearms being out of sync with state laws. I think the core issue is individual rights; but that core issue gets obscured because the right to gun ownership, and the right to carry, are such social hot buttons.

While I am a handgun owner who completed classes with my local police department and enjoys target/sport shooting, I've never had a desire to carry one of mine, either concealed or open. That said, I support the right of those who choose to do so lawfully. I just wanted to acknowledge the issue with this cartoon, and perhaps prompt a few smiles over an issue that much more frequently prompts furrowed brows.
That's the Point!

No comments:

Post a Comment